Thursday 1 November 2012

The elephant in the room.


I think somewhere along the line everyone’s been ‘’the elephant in the room’. The odd one out, the misunderstood, misplaced loner. It’s mostly because people are generally judgemental and they have nothing better to do than to conform to the masses and make someone who’s not ‘the same’ as them, feel like a total outsider.

Image source: www.carcabin.com

Growing up I can admit that I've been on the outside looking in; but the older I became the more I realised that ‘the elephant’ was in fact an individual who has made a choice not to be like anyone else and quite honestly something to look up to. It’s interesting how, when you’re a kid, all you want to do is fit in and be the same as everybody else, but as we get older we want to be different from everyone else and stand out from the crowd. I made a choice a long time ago to embrace being the elephant; after all we only live once and we might as well live it the way we want to.

Image source: phoenixtreeproductions.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment