Thursday 1 November 2012

Andy Warhol said, “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.” I can’t choose my 15 minutes but why would I be world famous?


Everybody gets a chance to be in the limelight somewhere along the line, whether it’s via fame, popularity or attention. My personal limelight has occurred on inconsequential occasions like my birthdays or if I've achieved something awesome, which in retrospect doesn't happen quite often. Once a year would be more like it!

Image source: squidoo.com

Some people are destined to be world famous, but then again if you want something bad enough, you can make it happen despite the odds. Life isn't usually fair to those who just sit around expecting good things to happen without even lifting a finger.
But seriously, with the amount of platforms available I'm surprised most people aren't world famous already. Just like the ‘one hit wonder’ musicians, there are ‘15 minutes of fame’ individuals. If I were to be world famous for 15 minutes, I’d probably be famous for collecting cats…
Image source: zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment