Thursday 1 November 2012

I am…?


When getting to know someone or at job interviews, you’re always asked that awkward, “So, tell me about yourself.” I never know what to say. I always wonder if I should speak about my hobbies, my characteristics, my work, or what? What is it that people want to know when they ask you that question?

Image source: whatgodsaidtonight.blogspot.com

When I ask people to tell me about themselves, I do it so that I am able to form my opinion of them. Sounds evil but we’re all guilty of sizing people up, it’s a normal part everyday life. The things that affect people’s impression of you are your speech, your appearance, your beliefs and instinct. So try your best to be yourself, but at the same time try and tweak your rough edges a little just so that you don’t scare people away. 

Image source: lhojeij.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment