Thursday 1 November 2012

“Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea” (Alain).


When I have an idea I usually weigh it out, consider the options and hope for the best. But what I tend to sometimes forget is that if you neglect to have more than one idea, you basically plan to fail.

Image source: lifelovequotesandsayings.com

This reminds me of what happened to my aunt a few months ago. She had a proper dinner party with about 12 guests and she had cooked up a storm in the kitchen and really went all out to ensure her guests are catered for. What she failed to consider is that some of those guests may be vegetarian or may have certain preferences, and with Murphy’s Law there happened to be a vegetarian at the dinner party and my aunt had prepared dishes that weren't exactly vegetarian-friendly. There was no alternative to the meals that she cooked so her vegetarian guest could only eat the side salad and the dessert, and my aunt was left very embarrassed.
It’s always best to have more than one idea, or to have a backup plan, because as life enjoys teaching us, anything can happen.

Image source: lifewisewanews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment