Wednesday 26 September 2012

Wedding cake-in-the-middle-of-the-road.


Growing up I always dreamed of my wedding day, it sounds rather cliché but seriously, what girl doesn't dream of their wedding day? Find me that girl and I’ll pay big money. I've envisioned how I want to look on the day; my dress, flowers, hair, makeup, everything. I also chose my bridesmaids and wedding theme a long time ago, so in my mind I've already intricately planned my wedding.

When I hit the age of 21, before my age could even settle in properly, I got asked the infamous question, “When are you getting married?” In my culture, the generation above me would want nothing more than to see me married. It’s funny at first but can be quite annoying, enough with societal pressures already!
Pretending not to care about getting married is easy but it doesn't mean that it is not there nagging me in the back of my mind. Hell yes I want to get married, I don’t want to be an old mom, I need to consider my offspring. I've been in a relationship for 5 years so it’s pretty serious, and before I know it I’ll find a wedding cake in the middle of the road and I’ll get to live my dream. Life goes so quickly, so I’ll just live for now and worry about my wedding when it gets here.

Image source: www.247onlinenews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment