Wednesday 26 September 2012

Try a cliché.


Valentines shmalentines the biggest cliché of them all, but most girls (including myself) can’t help but go along with it. The truth is that we all love being spoilt and even though your partner should show his/her appreciation every day, Valentine’s Day is that one (very commercial) day where you get to show your appreciation for your loved one and can go completely off the rails with gifts and surprises all in the hopes of showing them just how much they mean to you.

Image source: lifehack.org

Earlier on I was watching a Valentine’s Day episode of ‘Charly’s Bakery’, and it made me think of last year when I had beautiful decorative brownies made for my boyfriend. Roses, cupcakes, teddy bears, perfume, chocolates and cards are just a few of the many Valentine’s Day gifts that are to be given on this special day.  Call me a ‘girly girl’ cliché, but I love Valentine’s Day and I think it’s a wonderful initiative whereby people can feel loved and appreciated; and for as long as I can I will celebrate the life out of it.  

Image source: twtrland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment