Friday 17 February 2012

My name is Kouthar, and I am a Foodie.


There is nothing more appetizing than the aroma of a bakery, or when you get that mouth watering smell of garlic potatoes and pasta in a restaurant.  For me, anything deep fried will do and obviously LOTS of cheese should be involved.


Whenever I go anywhere, I always make sure that my portion of food is the biggest and most carb-filled meal on the menu. I can honestly say that I am so focused on eating, that I am most times oblivious to my surroundings. The way a real ‘foodie’ should be.  Everyone knows me as “The girl who loves to eat”.

When it comes to food, I love everything. My taste buds are open to almost any kind of food. Italian, Indian, Asian, Malaysian, you name it. My satisfying relationship with food came on a while back already, and it’s seen me through my best and also my worst.

While being a foodie, I am also very aware of my health and where I could land up if I ate badly so I've learnt how to always make the best choices for me. Not necessarily healthy choices, but if something's drenched in oil- how good can it actually be? Healthy food is great, not only because it's good for your body, but for your mind as well. My belief is that if you eat better, you live better. And by better, I do not mean eat less. 



Most of us tend to 'eat with our eyes', we are so greedy to have of everything, that we don't realise it's more than we can swallow. I've learnt that you can eat anything but it in moderation and have since, tamed my relationship with food. It's not the easiest thing to do but I'm getting there.




1 comment:

  1. Firstly, you are beautiful. Secondly, making food is therapeutic, it's calming and wonderful. I love the feeling of mixing and seeing what happens. Food is an amazing thing, and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete