Thursday 23 February 2012

If I were the boss?



Being the boss is a great, because you get to kick back and boss people around all day telling them what they must and must not do. Who wouldn’t want that kind of power over someone else? Be it at work, home or at school; being the boss always has its guilty pleasures.
Think of it this way, if you could boss around everyone in your life, wouldn’t you take utter advantage of them and be completely shameless about it? Wouldn’t you tell them to do things for you out of pure laziness (Or rather lack of dignity)? I sure as hell would.


I’ve been working since the age of 16, so I’ve had my fair share of experiences with all kinds of bosses. This is how I like to characterize them:
The Morbid- This would be your typical boss who finds it hard to put a smile on his dial.                                        The Monster- The one that screams at you for no reason and who makes coming to work a nightmare.
The Merry- This is the type that you wonder about what’s going on in his life that he’s THAT happy.
The Malicious- The one who beats you to your knees with a smile.


If I were the boss at my future work place, I’d be an example to my employees. I would show them the respect and appreciation that is owed to them. I would also treat them as I would my friend, but at the same time demand their respect.
If I were the boss at home, I would still go about doing chores in effort to be the example for my family.


Ultimately, being the boss should not be about abusing power, it should really be about how you use that power to do good in the world. A boss should be there to guide and support you, not put you down to blow up their ego. If you are a boss, always remember that success does not come from pushing people around but rather from understanding and guidance.





1 comment:

  1. I would like to work for you, (",) let me know when you start hiring. Don't know why I found myself smiling while reading this. Love your cheerful nature.

    ReplyDelete